shelleyannegerton

Emirain
Performance in a Leading Role
Mad_Lori
Progress: 2 %
Life Lessons - Kaje Harper Life lessons ticks all the right boxes for this type of book. You know what you’re getting once you've read the synopsis and it’s all there.

Closeted Hot Cop  photo Tick_zpsfc075f6d.jpg

Suspense  photo Tick_zpsfc075f6d.jpg

Whodunit crime solving  photo Tick_zpsfc075f6d.jpg

Steaming chemistry  photo Tick_zpsfc075f6d.jpg

Attention-grabbing plot line  photo Tick_zpsfc075f6d.jpg

Happy for now ending  photo Tick_zpsfc075f6d.jpg

Kids who tug at the ole heart strings  photo Tick_zpsfc075f6d.jpg

Bonus epilogue  photo Tick_zpsfc075f6d.jpg

Yup, it’s all here and I should have nothing to moan about really, it’s all standard stuff and done well. No stupid dramatics from the MC’s as they both hold their own while manning up in the face of adversity. This in itself was quite refreshing.

I just felt a bit too disconnected from the story for it to be completely satisfying. I can’t put my finger on why, there’s no real reason or it. The sex was very sensual and arousing, the plot was full of suspense and the characters are credible. I should have really liked it, as I cannot fault it. Perhaps this was a case of its-not-the-book-it’s-me.

Overall this is an easy read, enjoyable but predictable, likeable but not ohmigod loveable.
I’m not sure if I’m invested enough to read the next one. I'll see what Kate and Susan say ;)