shelleyannegerton

Emirain
Performance in a Leading Role
Mad_Lori
Progress: 2 %
The Mighty Storm (The Storm, #1) - Samantha Towle I feel exhausted! I don't even know what to think right now. I don't even know if I am in a place where I can rate it at all. I don't know if I ever will rate it.
I have to sleep on this.

So I've slept on it and I still have a heavy knotted up feeling in my stomache when thinking about this book.
I have personal issues when it comes to fidelity. It is very hard for me to swallow and I felt positively sick while reading this.
I think if Will had turned out to be a possible serial killer with squirrel hating tendencies I might have felt better about it. I get that Tru and Jake are soul mates and meant to be together.
I just feel like I have thrown my long buried emotions into a shit storm and I've come up bruised and battered.
So how do I rate this? Some would say that if a book evokes strong emotions and gets your heart going, it's a great book! And yes I have to agree, but when you get worked up for the wrong reasons then not so much for me.
I read that book that is being compared to TMS... a lot. No name dropping but you all know which one I mean. I hate that it is happening, because TMS did not make me feel that bad. I HATED that book, like really HATED it. Threw my kindle across the room hated it.
TMS was not like that at all, so much of this book is worthy of so much praise. The characters are incredibly real. I can honestly say that I care for them and their future. I am invested in them and the books to follow.
Samantha Towle will always be an instant buy for me. Always! But I have decided that too much of my own personal conflicts have influenced the feel of this book for me. I feel I cannot and will not affect the authors rating because of my own issues. So I wont.
Please read all of the other wonderful reviews for TMS and make your decision based on those.