shelleyannegerton

Emirain
Performance in a Leading Role
Mad_Lori
Progress: 2 %
Hot Secrets - Lisa Renee Jones This was a very cool little freebie from Lisa Renee Jones.
The first in the series...I think:/

So the Blurb:
Royce Walker, a former FBI Agent, who’s opened a private security firm with his brothers, has always had the hots for the prim, proper Assistant District Attorney, but considered her hand’s off because of a family connection. However, when danger threatens Lauren, he isn’t willing to stand by and watch her get hurt. Now the passion for survival is only rivaled by the passion burning between them. And that passion, might just be the death of them both.

This was fun, plenty of honest heart warming passion. Royce is a big burly grizzly of an alpha man. An uber alpha hottie, demanding and possessive - yum;) The attraction he feels for Lauren is instant and he goes with it. He owns it, knows she is the one for him and doesn't fight it. I love that!
Lauren is a rather contradictory character. She works for the District attorney prosecuting hard core criminals, and she comes across as a strong ruthless character in the pursuit of justice and what she believes in. Yet with her family she is weak and too easily pushed around. She is confined to the airs and graces of correctness by her fathers political position and her step mothers ideas of propriety. So I understand her frustration with life and how easy it might be to fall for the dominant take charge Royce so fast and hard.

The plot really picks up pace in the middle, we meet the other delicious Walker brothers. The suspense is there, but not as angsty as I would have liked.
Overall I liked it. But not too sure if I want to follow it up with the others in the series just yet.