shelleyannegerton

Emirain
Performance in a Leading Role
Mad_Lori
Progress: 2 %
The Sea of Tranquility - Katja Millay I. WILL. NOT . READ. YA. I. WILL. NOT . READ. YA. I. WILL. NOT . READ. YA. I. WILL. NOT . READ. YA.

This is my new mantra.

Why do I do it? Why do I get sucked into reading this genre? I know, I see stars, lots and lots of stars and think, 'Oh My God, what am I missing?'

I read the reviews..."Best thing I've read all year. Most beautiful story ever etc etc..."

Pffttt...

Honestly! This is it! No more YA books for me.

Yes the writing was quite good. So nothing against this debut author at all. In fact she is quite talented in creating an emotional atmosphere that's thick enough to choke on.

The heroine is a bit different or should I say dramatic. Highly dramatic. The hero is the usual. Older than his years with a past that haunts his future. Yep you've read it before (well I have) Only this doesn't even have the angst some YA has. This is just full of melancholy, cynicism and pessimism. Just depressing really.

I have to confess, I didn't finish it. At 73% I just couldn't be arsed. I was bored to tears, and really couldn't see a future full of happy surprises that was going to convince me not to turn my back on this book, or this genre as a whole.

But please go read the other wonderful reviews for this book. I have become way to cynical to rate or read books in this genre anymore. This is my last!