shelleyannegerton

Emirain
Performance in a Leading Role
Mad_Lori
Progress: 2 %
Undeniable  - Madeline Sheehan HOLY HELL! WHAT A RIDE!!

Now wasn't this a happy little surprise for me.
Nothing better than spending a Saturday night in with this crowd of marauding Uber alpha ,leather clad bikers from the dark side! They can call me a book geek all they want, I got a night out with this guy. Yeah bitches, Check. Him. Out.
Photobucket

Uh huh...you know it! Meet Deuce!

"I wanted to own this man's body, this man's innate sexuality; I wanted to own this man"

Deuce is so Uber Alpha he makes The Rock look like a pussy cat! He is the President of his own MC, a real life , take no shit, biker hard arse. And you got to know what that comes with right? Attitude, foul language, womanising, booze, more attitude, code, loyalty and an eye of an eye mentality.

Woo Hoo! Are you excited yet?

” There are three different types of men in this world. [….]And then there are real men; men who don't cry or complain, who don't just have a backbone, they are the backbone. Men who make their own decisions and live with the consequences, who accept responsibility for their actions or words. Men who, when life slaps them in the ass, slap back and move on. Men who live hard and die even harder. […]
Men like Deuce.

How about now? Hell I am, can you tell? This was my reaction to Deuce the whole way through the book, no matter how mad or how bad he got. I wanted him! MINE!

Photobucket

I fell head over heel in love with Eva as a five year old girl, and I didn't stop loving her.

"I am preachers little girl. And I'm going to be just like him when I grow up. I'm gonna have a Fatboy but I want mine to be sparkly and I want a pink helmet with skulls on it. And instead of being the club president, I'm gonna be the club queen cuz I'm gonna marry the biggest, scariest biker in the world and he's gonna let me do whatever I want because he's gonna love me like crazy."”[...] "“I'm gonna hold you to that,”" -Deuce.

She is one of the very special ones, you know? Not many heroines have her strong, fearless, self sacrificing qualities that you can admire and truly believe in, not to the lengths I did. Her love for Deuce is fearlessly everlasting. Her loyalty is just immense, as we learn with her years spent with Frankie and then her humiliating experience at Chad's hands”

The 25 year span of time lends a sense of truth to this book. Romance is not always fluffy hearts and flowers, it's hard and ugly sometimes too. But never fear romance junkies, we know the power of true love, it always wins through.

"His power over me was incredible, indescribable, as it had always been"
"I stole you a long time ago. Round the time you fuckin' stole me."” , You fucking stole me.- Deuce.

This book is filled with love, hate, jealousy, the best very first kiss ever written, seriously sexy biker sex, psychopathic behaviour, disturbing scenes, and rape.
It has a darkness that lies waiting behind shadows that are there to conceal truths, love and deception and ultimately leave the reader with a sense of awe or shocked repulsion, you get to decide.

So why not five stars? Editing, editing , editing! I also feel an extremely strong similarity to Kristen Ashley here. Granted, this is a lot more intense than KA's alpha's, but the dialog, and to a certain point, even the plot was very Kristen Ashley. When Deuce says "babe"? I might get stoned for shouting plagiarism, but hey? Come on! Maybe that's just world wide biker speak, who knows? I don't, so stone away.