shelleyannegerton

Performance in a Leading Role
Mad_Lori
Progress: 2 %
Bloodraven - P.L. Nunn 4 Stars for The Blog Of Sid Love

What an epic adventure this turned out to be!

Was it graphic? … Yes!

Horrifying? … Absolutely!

Engaging? … Totally!

Did I love it? … Yes I did.

Will I read it again? … Hell No!

Did I like the green willies? … Wha?... No! I’ll never be able to watch Shrek ever again!

P.L Nunn ticked all my boxes with this brutal heroic fantasy of Ogre’s, humans, and dark Magick’s. Only 7% into this book I had to stop and marvel about how those poor boxes have mutated and evolved from shameful ankle baring historical fripperies to graphic giant willy male on male sex. Fortunately, my inner turmoil doesn’t suffer fools for long and I was once again stoking the fires of my depravity with this oh so charming tale.

When Yhalen a young fey man of the forest is captured and tortured (horrendously) by a scouting group of migrating Ogre’s his life path is forever altered. Raped, torn, broken, and bleeding the puny human is left to die. But when Yhalen’s shock, pain, desperation and humiliation inexplicably unleash his untapped and untamed magic the Ogre’s find a new purpose for him.

Bound and enslaved Yhalen is then gifted (in malice)to the raiding parties War Lord, Bloodraven - an Ogr’ron (half-man, half-ogre) to serve as a receptacle for his limitless lust.
Bloodraven is more human in looks and intelligence (thank god) and half the size of an Ogre but he’s still, ah-hem … BIG and no less fierce. And so the sex adventure begins.

Bloodraven takes what he wants, without consent or apology but he makes it … easier, for Yahlen to take him. He’s careful with his slave and I’ve never been more appreciative of the 1, 2, 3 scissoring preparations. Honestly, the graphic stretch burn and squeeze through that tight ring of muscles made my eyes water every time; and God strike me for finding an allure in the sexual thrall of this BIG strong half beast who likes to cuddle and cradle his little human afterwards.

And this is just the beginning! It’s not all about fierce big dick slinging sex. The plot line changes direction when Bloodraven and Yahlen find themselves united (of sorts) against the manipulations of Kings and kin. Yahlen is clinging to the pious ethics of his people while his magic (through need) is steering him down a dark forbidden path. All while Bloodraven wars with his Ogr’ron temperament and his softening heart; but he needs to stay focussed on his own agenda to save his people from further cruelties.
There is fighting, plotting, evil villains, betrayals, deviant and dangerous angst filled machinations, cruel killing games and revolting flat faced Ogre children who need to die by fire.

This book feels way longer than it states, but it’s filled with so much of the good stuff and the rough stuff that it’s irrelevant. I enjoyed it that much. I squirmed, I cringed, I raged, I cheered, I whimpered and I fell in love just a little and then I almost threw up.

I have some niggles but not enough to deter you from reading this book. I’ll just say that some parts where a bit too drawn out and slowed the pace and the ending … hmm … good, but not entirely satisfying in my opinion.

Overall I enjoyed this much more than I thought I would and it’s definitely an unforgettable read. I recommend it for those who can handle the warnings and like a cracking good adventure … with lots of sex, consensual or not.